Sunday, May 15, 2011

Enjoy the Silence

I found this small broom closet / storage room at my work with an amazing insulation.
When you enter it, silence wraps around you like a cloud and all you can hear is a beating of your heart.
I have discovered it a few weeks ago and visit it every day a week at least for a few minutes.
When was the last time you heard your heart speak to you?!
"Boom- boom, boom-boom."
Then the chaos of my thoughts swirls up to the sealing as if it was a tornado.
"Pay bills!  Pick up Aden from school!  Don't forget to buy milk!"
Except they are not threatening like in the real world.  They feel as if they aren't even mine.

The silence of that room slowly dissolves them into nothing...


I told about the storage room to some of my co-workers...  Some looked at me like I was crazy, others couldn't wait to experience what I have.  One of them is a single mom with three young kids.
After the first time in the room she came out and said, "I always thought that I would never hear silence again..."
So enjoy the silence when you can.  It can be quite profound...

No comments:

Post a Comment