Sunday, May 15, 2011

Phoebe

I have the best dog in the world.
Yes I know everyone says that about their dogs, but I assure you that mine is the coolest.

She protects my front door and runs to my rescue every time she thinks I need help.

She does not allow other dogs who act aggressive get close to me.  I don’t know if it’s her bark that scares them away or her determination to defend my honor, but she is certainly very convincing.

Her body is all muscle and she is the sturdiest dog I have ever seen.

Her name is Phoebe.  She is a 5 pound Toy Fox Terrier.

You see, when I got her she was just a little puppy and the people who I got her from insisted that she was a Rat Terrier, who was going to be at least 15 pounds.  I always wanted a big or a medium size dog, because when I was growing up my family only had cats, so I wanted a “bigger” pat of my own and preferably a dog, since they are a bit more interactive.

This is my first dog.  She is two years old now and still the same 5 pounds as when she was just a pup.

At first I was a bit disappointed that this was a toy breed and not the dog I expected, but I quickly learned that size in fact does not matter.

In that 5 pounds I have a loyal friend, who not only enjoys watching TV with me, but also enthusiastically cheers when I play video games, not to mention she cuddles just like a cat.

I share my home with her and she has shared with me her heart of a lion and her wisdom of an oracle.

So in honor of my best friend, Phoebe, I pledge to never again judge the book by its cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment